MOBILE, AL (March 18, 2015) – With the first day of Spring approaching on March 20, National Home Improvement Expert Danny Lipford has released his Spring Edition Top Ten list for homeowners, offering seasonal advice on home maintenance and safety.
As one of the most sought-after home improvement experts in the country, Danny Lipford, a 36-year contracting veteran, is a leading advocate for homeowner education. Lipford has a 25-year history of providing newsworthy, quality information on diverse home topics through his nationally syndicated television and radio programs, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford, as well as his destination website, TodaysHomeowner.com.
Lipford comments, “In my experience, I’ve come across a number of people who are just unaware of some of the basic maintenance and upkeep that their homes require. Part of our mission at Today’s Homeowner is to provide reliable and easy-to-understand information to help homeowners with all the challenges they face.”
Danny’s Spring list is designed to identify the basic, necessary items that consumers need to tackle to keep their homes safe, healthy, and in proper working order. According to Lipford, “Investing a little time and money in routine maintenance can really save homeowners big down the road.”
Danny’s 2015 Spring Edition Top Ten List for Homeowners includes:
- Have air conditioner serviced, change filters and inspect ductwork for leaks.
- Clear and inspect gutters and downspouts to prevent damage from rainwater overflow.
- Clean and inspect roof thoroughly for damaged shingles and leaks.
- Change direction of ceiling fans to counterclockwise to create a downdraft of cooler air.
- Remove and clean window screens.
- Clean decks and outdoor furniture.
- Clean refrigerator coils.
- Clean dryer vent to avoid house fires.
- Inspect for termites and animal damage in the attic, on the roof and around the home’s exterior.
- Trim shrubs and trees away from the home to prevent roof damage and drainage problems.
Additional details, step-by-step videos, and other resources for spring home maintenance can be found on Danny’s website, www.TodaysHomeowner.com, which draws over 1 million unique monthly visitors.
Danny Lipford has made more than 160 national television appearances on shows such as Rachael Ray, LIVE with Regis & Kelly, CNN’s Your Bottom Line, CBS’s The Early Show and This Morning, and is a regular on Fox Business Channel’s The Willis Report. Lipford has been the home improvement expert for The Weather Channel for over a decade, a longtime contributor to Better Homes & Gardens Magazine and BHG.com, and is a source for hundreds of other popular magazines and websites each year.
Today’s Homeowner Media
Stephanie Greenwood, Public Relations Manager
Office: (251) 478-3345 x110 Mobile: (251) 401-7535