FAIRHOPE, Ala. (June 14, 2016) – Danny Lipford, host of Today’s Homeowner, kicked off the summer edition of his “4 Seasons of Home Ownership” campaign earlier today with a nationally-televised satellite media event. Lipford revealed the second installment for the brand’s ultimate guide to caring for the home, delivering the must-do, could-do and should-do summertime tasks for every homeowner. A broadcast-ready clip is available for download and media use here.
Broadcasting live from Fairhope, AL, Lipford connected with television and radio hosts nationwide discussing the top chores homeowners need to tackle now to get ready for summer fun and relaxation. “Nothing boosts a home’s curb appeal like a good, thorough cleaning,” he says. “Homeowners will be amazed at how fresh and inviting their homes look after cutting through the residue left behind from winter and spring.” Lipford kicked off the event discussing items that should be on everyone’s to-do list this time of year, including:
- Cleaning the home’s exterior and outdoor living areas. Lipford introduced viewers to the Pivot Pro cleaning wand from HYDE that makes exterior cleaning a breeze with its versatile features.
- Inspecting different systems and areas of the home for safety such as deck boards and railings, fencing and gates, outdoor grills and fireplace chimneys.
- Keeping the air conditioning system in good shape by flushing out the drain line and replacing filters.
- Maintaining the lawn and landscaping by pulling all weeds and adding mulch and supplements as needed.
In addition to the “4 Seasons of Home Ownership” summer basics, Lipford recommended several projects homeowners can take on if they have additional time such as cleaning air registers and fan grilles, deodorizing the garbage disposal, and inspecting for and repairing any cracks in foundations, patios and driveways.
Lipford rounded out the event with suggestions for homeowners wanting to enhance and add amenities to their homes for summer. “I hear from a lot of homeowners who are choosing staycations over traditional vacations these days,” says Lipford. “They’re investing in outdoor living areas, and really enjoying spending time with friends and family relaxing in the spaces they’ve created.” He recommended several projects that provide both enjoyment for the homeowner, and long-term value and appeal such as:
- Adding fresh landscaping.
- Creating a new seating area, fire pit or cooking station using simple pavers. Lipford showed viewers some of the brand-new SplitRock pavers from Pavestone that can be stacked and used in a variety of configurations. With no mortar or cutting needed, homeowners can upgrade a backyard or patio in no time.
- Replacing or adding outdoor lighting.
- Giving the front door a makeover with fresh stain or a bold coat of paint.
- Hanging new house numbers for a clean and polished look.
Lipford’s complete “4 Seasons of Home Ownership” Summer edition checklist and interactive infographic can be downloaded at TodaysHomeowner.com/4Seasons/Summer.
The media tour reached an audience of 17 million and was sponsored by Today’s Homeowner and home improvement brands HYDE and Pavestone. The fall installment for the “4 Seasons of Home Ownership” is set to launch September 20.
The 4 Seasons of Home Ownership
The “4 Seasons of Home Ownership” is the expert source for complete year-round home maintenance and improvement presented by Danny Lipford and Today’s Homeowner. Hosted online at TodaysHomeowner.com/4Seasons, this ultimate guide offers videos, articles, podcasts and checklists that guide homeowners through essential home improvement tasks as well as practical projects to improve the value of their homes.
About Today’s Homeowner Media
Today’s Homeowner is a trusted home improvement authority delivering fresh, original, practical advice to consumers across diverse media platforms. Brands include the nationally-syndicated Today’s Homeowner TV and Radio Shows, the home enthusiast destination website TodaysHomeowner.com, the award-winning blog and web series, Checking In With Chelsea, and the full-service video production firm, 3 Echoes. Host of the brand, Danny Lipford, is a 37-year veteran remodeling contractor and media personality. Lipford served as the home improvement expert for CBS’s The Early Show and The Weather Channel for over a decade and has made more than 160 national television appearances, most recently on FOX & Friends and FOX Business Channel. He has been a longtime contributor to Better Homes & Gardens and continues to serve as an expert source for hundreds of other popular magazines and news outlets each year. Visit TodaysHomeowner.com to learn more.
Today’s Homeowner Media
Stephanie Greenwood, Public Relations Manager
Office: (251) 478-3345 x110 Mobile: (251) 401-7535